Download the poster The Impossible Race Reading Challenge Poster
Download the Calendar The Impossible Race Reading Challenge Calendar
The official contest rules are below:
Cragbridge Hall: The Impossible Race Reading Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Contest ends March 8, 2015
Subject to complete Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- Eligibility: Cragbridge Hall: The Impossible Race Reading Contest (the “Contest”) is open to any Elementary School class comprising the 3rd – 8th grades and located in the United States. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on February 23, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MT on March 8, 2015 (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: (all persons who enter this Contest (herein referred to as “Entrants”) acknowledge their information may be added to Deseret Book Company’s mailing list.)
- Online Entry. During the Contest Period, the teacher of the eligible class who wants to enter this Contest may go to www.chadmorrisauthor.com (“Website”) and locate Cragbridge Hall: The Impossible Race Reading Contest under the contest tab. Follow the on-screen directions to enter (“Online Entry”). Entrants must complete all required information. Teachers must have reported the results by 11:59 pm on March 11, 2015. For purposes of this Contest, a day is defined as a 24-hour period beginning at 12:00 am MT and ending at 11:59 pm MT.
- By Mail: Submit your school name, teacher name, school address and phone number, grade of class and number of students in the class, total number of pages read and an email address to: Cragbridge Hall: The Impossible Race Reading Contest, c/o Karen Zelnick, Shadow Mountain Publishing,, PO Box 30178, Salt Lake City Utah, 84130.
- Exclusions: for purposes of this contest, “pages read” count only as pages found within applicable literary hardback and/or paperback books. An “applicable” book counts as a chapter book a minimum of 75 pages in length. Magazines, periodicals, blogs, print or online news, and all other similar non-literary pages do not count. Tables of Contents, indexes, and other non-content pages are similarly excluded.
- Grand Prize Winners: On or about March 13, 2015 Sponsor will announce the winner as selected based on the number of pages read divided by the number of students in the class. In the event of a tie, the school that registered first will be deemed the winner. There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded.
- Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: The winner of the Contest will be selected based on the number of pages read divided by the number of student in the class. The class with the highest average of pages read per student will win.
- GRAND PRIZE: The class with the highest number of pages read gets a hardback set of The Cragbridge Hall trilogy for their classroom, including the brand new Cragbridge Hall: The Impossible Race! At the discretion of the class teacher, each member of the class also wins a paperback copy of either Cragbridge Hall: The Inventor’s Secret (book 1) or Cragbridge Hall: The Avatar Battle (book 2), an autographed poster and bookmark. The author, Chad Morris, will also make and send a personalized video to congratulate this class, or he will give a free visit over Skype, at the author’s sole discretion.
- FIRST PRIZE: The two classes with the next highest total of pages read get one hardback set of the Cragbridge Hall trilogy for their class and autographed posters and bookmarks for every member of the class. The author, Chad Morris, will also make a personalized video for each of these classes, or will give a free visit over Skype, at the author’s sole discretion.
- SECOND PRIZE: The ten classes with the next highest total of pages read will receive one paperback copy of Cragbridge Hall: The Inventor’s Secret or Cragbridge Hall: The Avatar Battle for the class and autographed bookmarks for every member of the class.
- EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES: Every student in every class who enters this contest will receive an Impossible Race bonus epack. It will be emailed to each class teacher who can then print it out and give it to students, or spread it through email to their parents. It includes pictures, secret chapters to the Cragbridge Hall series not published in the books, and activities.
- General Rules: Summary of rules and guidelines:
All federal, state and local laws apply. Winner(s) will be notified by email, mail or telephone. Winner(s) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any documents in a timely manner, as determined by the Sponsor, may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. By participating, Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all liability or damages associated with this Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the Contest. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner(s) names and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Contest. If, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or modify and/or suspend and/or terminate the Contest and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prizes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the name appearing on the online entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest or Website or acts in a disruptive manner. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Utah. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Utah located in Salt Lake County for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest.
- 7. Waiver: By participating in this Contest, Entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’s fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate. Grand Prize winners waive all rights and indemnify Sponsor against any lost or liability claim, cause of action or liability, including without limitation those relating to any personal injury, death, loss, expense or damages of any kind, under any theory of law or in equity, arising from, acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in the Contest and/or resulting from the Grand Prize. Additionally you agree to the following: I ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, HEREBY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ASSIGNS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, AND ADVISORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES AND LIABILITIES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY WHICH I MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER BE ENTITLED TO ASSERT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER HARM OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, PRIVACY RIGHTS, PERSONALITY RIGHTS, “MORAL RIGHTS”, OR DEFAMATION, AND ANY AND ALL ANY TAXES LEVIED, ASSESSED OR COLLECTED, WHETHER CAUSED BY, CONTRIBUTED TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE CONTEST, THE PRIZE, OR MY POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE THEREOF, OR MY OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
- 8. Publicity. Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes each Entrant’s consent for Sponsor to use the Entrant’s name, age, photograph, image, likeness, statements for Contest or other promotional, advertisement or commercial purposes in any media now known or later developed, without payment or consideration to the Entrant or any other person.
- Miscellaneous. Each entry is subject to verification by Sponsor. Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules. Entrants hereby waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to apply and interpret these Official Rules and conduct and administer the Contest. Any decision by Sponsor regarding the Contest, including eligibility of Entrants and determination of the winners, shall be final and binding.11. Right To Cancel Or Modify Sweepstakes. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason or cause which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, including but not limited to fraud, technical failure, or insufficient participation, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or these Official Rules, including changing the Contest Period, or selecting a winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor may deem appropriate.12. Disclosure of Winners. For a list of winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by March 30, 2015 to: Deseret Book Company Attn: Cragbridge Hall: The Impossible Race Reading Contest, PO Box 30178, Salt Lake City Utah, 84130.
- Sponsor: Deseret Book Company, PO Box 30178, Salt Lake City, UT 84130.